Thursday, August 12, 2010

My name is Gianna, I will be your tour guide

I got the chance to talk to a family from Houston yesterday (?) about the photoj sequence of the School of Journalism.

That was something that I really enjoyed.

I blathered on about the classes that she (the prospective student) would be taking and what they would entail.

I told them about MoEX (which the mother was just so relieved to hear about)

I also let her know that if she kept her grades high the first semester that she attended Mizzou, that she would be able to take the first photojournalism sequence class, Fundamentals of Photojournalism during her second semester of freshman year.

I told them that I had been fortunate enough to do so, but following taking Fundamentals, I had put off taking further upper level photo courses because of the intensity, which I regretted.

I told her that if she wanted to succeed in the program that the best advice I could give her was to immerse herself and that she was sure to have fun.

I gave the family a little background about Columbia, what it had to offer, yada yada yada.

I really loved being able to inform an up and coming photog.

No comments: