Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Biker Rally Day One

Having no idea how this would pan out, Christina and I headed out to the biker rally this afternoon.

Turned out that she and Joel had been told that the schedule of events would be released at 4 this morning and alas, no schedule.

While we interviewed some folks at the God's Wheel's food drive tent, I asked a nearby booth where I would be able to secure a schedule.

I was told that they could be found at the NBR tent and I walked around, happy as a clam, snapping shots and greeting smiling people until the guy at the NBR tent asked who I was with and why I was wandering around alone.

To make a long story short- I ended up with a guide named Mark who got me a computer-printed rough version of the schedule of events and a few really awesome shots for a photo gallery.

Apparently Vox is going to use a shot of mine as well!
(Coming out Thursday)

I missed the deadline to send in a personal essay for them.

I was going to write an essay about almost dying and all, but, you know, I'm working on the biker rally, so VROOMVROOM.

I really hope whoever does the story on the Aladdin Lamp Collector's Club/takes pictures for it, does it the justice that it deserves.

It could be a REALLY awesome multimedia piece, in my opinion.

No comments: